This position is responsible to inspect of fiberglass parts for defects. This position may repair items using a variety hand tools to ensure quality parts are sent to customer.
- Final inspection and verification that all parts manufactured are dimensionally correct and conform to shop drawings.
- Ensure that the finish on all parts is cosmetically acceptable to standards i.e. Automotive, Paint, or Industrial.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Comply to all safety and housekeeping rules and regulations.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to work in harmony with others.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including attendance and punctuality.
- Ensures that all Documented Work Instructions are followed and have been implemented as they apply to our quality system.
- Knowledge of relevant measuring equipment as applicable to the product
- Follow all company safety requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized area.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to train others.
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to reach and bend on a consistent basis
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to organize and priorities workload
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including performance, attendance and team playing
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with issues logically and within the company guidelines
- Available for overtime hours if needed
- We want to hear from you if you are:
- Independent self-motivated
- Like to pay attention to detail in your work
- Take pride in seeing what you made contribute to our success
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).