This position is responsible for preparing fiberglass parts to be painted using a hand held spray gun.
- Inspect parts are every stage of the process to identify defects
- Make small cosmetic repairs to fiberglass parts
- Properly maintain paint booth and sprayers, including changing of booth filters
- Monitor departmental materials to insure materials have not expired and follow procedures for expired material
- Follow recipes for paint mixture either by weight or volume
- Perform other related duties as required
- Previous painting experience
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with issues logically and within the company guidelines
- Available for overtime hours if needed
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.