This position is responsible for the application of gelcoat to the mold using a paint spray gun.
- Will set up, break down, clean and calibrate paint spray gun
- Use read mil gauge to ensure correct thickness of gelcoat
- Must be able to promote teamwork and work well with peers and supervisors
- Supports company initiatives with enthusiasm and a positive, results focused attitude
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment
- Continual communication with Management and other department leaders
- Perform other related duties as required
- Previous experience with a paint spray gun
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including performance, attendance and team playing
- Available for overtime hours if needed
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.