As a key member of our leadership team, the Supervisor is responsible for and leads a multifunctional group consisting of manufacturing engineering, maintenance and tooling groups in the St. Cloud facility. This role is also part of the broader engineering team at Carfair. Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Director of Carfair and working with your colleagues and team across our six plants in Canada and the US, this position will drive projects and day-to-day operations in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Provide positive and respectful leadership to the Manufacturing Engineering team that promotes a safe and healthy work environment;
- Lead the manufacturing engineering, maintenance, tooling groups in the St. Cloud location, while driving a sense of urgency within the team in supporting operations;
- Provide a progressive, interactive, innovative and collaborative work environment to maximize Carfair’s ability to work as a team and make the organization more competitive and effective;
- Lead the manufacturing engineering team, including the successful development and sustainment of established manufacturing processes, planning and support for new or revised product introductions;
- Act as a primary technical interface between the front-line associates and any technical, tooling or design issues encountered;
- Develop and implement effective operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems, improve product quality and reduce costs;
- Lead the local maintenance group in ensuring our buildings and equipment are properly maintained and ready to safely support our production operations;
- Identify and manage capital projects and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Provide direction to the local tooling team in mold maintenance and requisitions of new or replacement tooling;
- Ensure policies and processes are established and followed to ensure objectives for all requirements are met with respect to Health, Safety & Environmental and Quality programs;
- Track and control expenditures on a monthly basis to ensure budget compliance;
- Works with site Plant Manager and Manufacturing Director to develop annual budgets for manpower, expenses and capital expenditures;
- Consult and collaborate with peers at other sites and local functional areas of the organization on issues which may impact operations and ensure appropriate actions are taken to mitigate and resolve them;
- Identify training needs within the team and assist in the development of programs to meet short- and -long term operational requirements. Coach and mentor staff to meet changing needs;
- Remain current with relevant industry and production technologies in order to advance the manufacturing processes within the facility.
- Industrial supervision, Post-secondary degree in Manufacturing Engineering or technologist certificate or degree.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and projects to their successful conclusion;
- Well developed time management skills to balance multiple priorities in a demanding manufacturing environment;
- Well developed interpersonal skills to interact with all levels within the organization;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products;
- Lean manufacturing experience is an asset.
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fibre-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiber Glass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.
Come and join our team.