As a key member of Manufacturing Engineering team, the incumbent is for leading and supporting continuous improvement activities using lean concepts and tools. Activities include identifying opportunities for improvement, facilitating kaizen events, coordinating and providing lean training, tracking results and following up to ensure improvements have been sustained
- Lead and facilitate lean kaizen events.
- Prepare and present report-outs at the conclusion of kaizen events.
- Develop and conduct lean training programs.
- Ensure audit processes are in place to sustain 5S and Visual Factory performance.
- Work closely with other Carfair lean facilitators to ensure standardization of lean initiatives and practices is attained and best practices are implemented in all locations.
- Work with all related process stakeholders in all manufacturing facilities to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide input into setting lean goals and direction.
- Educate personnel on recommended lean approaches and explain the expected improvements.
- Develop and implement appropriate problem-solving methodology and practices.
- Promote and encourage a manufacturing cell-based environment.
- Participate in manufacturing association activities to learn and benchmark best practices from other companies
- Maintain a respectful, professional work environment with a focus on making Carfair a great place to work.
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge of lean processes and tools, including 5S, Visual Factory, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Value Graphs, Standardized Work, Cycle Time Reduction and Set-up Time Reduction.
- Remain current with relevant industry and production technologies in order to advance the manufacturing processes within the facility.
- Lean Greenbelt certification or equivalent training or experience
- College diploma or university degree in a related field is an asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing management environment
- At least 3 years’ experience in the lean facilitation field
- Extensive experience in conducting presentation and facilitation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated exceptional decision-making abilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function within a manufacturing environment
Why Work with Carfair?
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fibre-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiber Glass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.
Come and join our team!