This position is responsible for using chemicals and fiberglass to make quality fiberglass parts.
- Assemble and operate spray gun
- Use proper handling techniques for fiberglass
- Spray resin to achieve correct thickness
- Maintain proper mixture of chemicals in spray process
- Remove air bubbles from part
- Properly use pin gauges
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Available for overtime hours as needed
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.