This position is responsible for correcting any flaws found in the fiberglass products.
- Use buffers and sanders to fix flaws (air pockets, scratches, etc.)
- Use spray gun to apply gelcoat over repairs
- Monitor departmental materials for expiration dates
- Clean and maintain departmental tools & equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including performance, attendance and team playing
- Available for overtime hours as needed
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.