This position is responsible for creating quality fiberglass parts using a closed molding process.
- Load fiberglass material into mold with limited over laps.
- Ensure loaded material is not over the dynamic seal or in the resin run area.
- Roll and press mat into the corners and around radii to insure a quality part.
- Install back shell without the glass falling.
- Properly use hoist.
- Clean all flanges, pins and injection ports
- Determine when to pull mold and/or back shell out for servicing
- Knowledge of how to use injection machines, automatic or manual systems.
- Understand how and why vacuum works and how to check/ detect/correct leaks.
- Ability to know how to mix resin/fillers safely and properly.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including performance, attendance and team playing
- Available for overtime hours as needed
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.