We have openings on 1st and 2nd shift.
1st shift is Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 3:00 pm and must be available for overtime before or after the shift as well as on Saturdays as needed.
2nd shift is Monday – Thursday from 3:00 pm – 1:30 am and must be available to work before or after the shift as well as on Fridays and Saturdays as needed.
This position is responsible to making quality fiberglass parts utilizing an open mold process. We provide hands on training to learn how to be successful in this role.
- Hand lay up of fiberglass material into mold
- Utilize rollers to work the sprayed resin into the material thoroughly wetting the material and removing entrapped air and smoothing out any wrinkles
- Able to wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to reach and bend on a consistent basis
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including performance, attendance and team playing
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with issues logically and within the company guidelines
- Available for overtime hours if needed
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Able to use small hand tools
- Stand long periods of time
- Like to pay attention to detail in the tools that you use and the parts you make
- Take pride in seeing what you made contribute to our success
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.