This position will be responsible for setting up, programming and operating the CNC machine.
What You Will Do:
• Read and interpret blueprints and models
• Accurately locate patterns on machine
• Build up patterns for cutting from models and prints using, but not limited to, foam, wood and metal
• Produce quality patterns at or above the expected rate
• Perform welding
• Operate forklift
• Maintain clean and safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
• Previous CNC set up, programming and operating experience required
• Must be able to interpret blueprints
• Some welding experience is preferred
• Forklift experience required
• Must be a self starter that can stay on task and utilize time efficiently
Why Work with Carfair?
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fibre-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiber Glass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.