This position is responsible to assist with all aspects of receiving and shipping area.
- Backup driver for local delivers
- Must be able and willing to safely drive forklift
- Load and unload product/racks from trucks
- Learn and perform all aspects of the warehouse shipping and receiving procedures.
- Ensure all shipping crates/pallets are properly loaded and secured
- Bring material and supplies to/from different areas of the production floor by using forklift and/or pallet jack
- Empty all garbage containers from production to outside bins
- Assist with grounds keeping such as shoveling and mowing lawn
- Drain and decap drums as instructed
- Maintain, organize, and clean when required/instructed
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Must have a CDL or willing to obtain within 6 months.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to reach and bend on a consistent basis
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to organize and priorities workload
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including performance, attendance and team playing
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with issues logically and within the company guidelines
- Available for overtime hours if needed
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Independent self-motivated
- Like to pay attention to detail in your work
- Take pride in seeing what you made contribute to our success
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.