As a key member of our Supply Chain team, the incumbent is responsible for developing and executing buying strategies to reduce costs, reduce lead-times, improve supplier service and assure an effective Source to Pay process. While responsible for delivering the best total cost derived from a best in class supply base and ensure that the overall quality and service goals of the company are achieved.
What You Will Do:
- Performs buying functions within a specified category of parts while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of an assigned category.
- Manage open purchase order supply to ensure sufficient stocking levels and proper delivery dates that correspond with demand requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining Purchasing databases to ensure integrity of system data and provide necessary information as required.
- Assists in the creation of sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions, in accordance with the sourcing strategy by locating and selecting a high-performance supply base to meet these objectives.
- Data Entry which includes PO maintenance, supplier information, part number set up, item attributes, and/ or pricing.
- Maintain and enhance the professional relations with suppliers and contribute to the competitiveness of business by optimizing purchases within the respective category of parts
- Use Scorecard tools to analyze, evaluate supplier performance KPI’s & work with suppliers for improvements as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in Business, Supply Chain, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- 1-3 years’ experience with office and document management
- Experienced in procurement, negotiations and sourcing
- At least 3 years of related procurement experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced manufacturing environment