This position is responsible to inspect of fiberglass parts for defects and repair items using a variety hand tools to ensure quality parts are sent to customer. Attach miscellaneous pieces as required by specifications.
- Inspect a variety of parts for pin holes, cracks, air pockets or other defects for quality standards.
- Utilize hand tools to pick open air pockets.
- Patch pinholes and cracks by filling in areas with compound, sanding, and spraying primer.
- Prepare parts for painting by sanding surface with handheld air sander.
- Buff Gelcoat to match parts to make finished product look glossy.
- Assemble parts by gluing pieces together and caulking to prepare for painting.
- Must be able to promote teamwork and work well with peers and supervisors
- Supports company initiatives with enthusiasm and a positive, results focused attitude
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment
- Continual communication with Management and other department leaders
- Perform other related duties as required
- Prior experience in composites or similar industry preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to reach and bend on a consistent basis
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to organize and priorities workload
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including performance, attendance and team playing
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with issues logically and within the company guidelines
- Available for overtime hours if needed
- We want to hear from you if you are:
- Able to use small hand tools
- Stand long periods of time
- Like to pay attention to detail in the tools that you use and the parts you make
- Take pride in seeing what you made contribute to our success
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).