This position is responsible to inspect of fiberglass parts for defects and repair items using a variety hand tools to ensure quality parts are sent to customers. Attach miscellaneous pieces as required by specifications.
- Inspect a variety of parts for pin holes, cracks, air pockets or other defects for quality standards.
- Utilize hand tools to pick open air pockets.
- Patch pinholes and cracks by filling in areas with compound, sanding, and spraying primer.
- Prepare parts for painting by sanding surface with handheld air sander.
- Buff Gelcoat to match parts to make finished product look glossy.
- Assemble parts by gluing pieces together and caulking to prepare for painting.
- Must be able to promote teamwork and work well with peers and supervisors
- Supports company initiatives with enthusiasm and a positive, results focused attitude
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment
- Continual communication with Management and other department leaders
- Perform other related duties as required
- Prior experience in composites, body work, or similar industry preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to reach and bend on a consistent basis
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Ability to work in harmony with others while maintaining a positive and professional attitude with overall success in mind
- Evidence of a satisfactory work record including performance, attendance and team playing
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with issues logically and within the company guidelines
- Available for overtime hours if needed
We want to hear from you if you are:
• Able to use small hand tools
• Like to pay attention to detail in the tools that you use and the parts you make
• Take pride in seeing what you made contribute to our success
As part of the NFI Group (TSX: NFI www.nfigroup.com) Carfair Composites supplies quality fiberglass components to original equipment manufacturers and to our sister companies operating under the brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses) and MCI® (motor coaches) in Canada and the United States. We are a leader in fiber-reinforced plastic design and composites technology with dedicated team members located in facilities in Winnipeg, MB (Canada), St. Cloud, MN (USA), Anniston, AL (USA), Wausaukee and Gillett, WI (USA).
Part of our mission as a leader in the Fiberglass Plastics Industry is to provide uncompromised quality and customer satisfaction within a culture of continuous improvement and a safe working environment where employees have the tools to generate value for the mutual benefit of both internal and external customers.